Clothes to feel good in, clothes to feel good about...
Tatty Bumpkin™ was created in 2004, in response to the lack of Organic and ethically sourced products for children age 1-7 years, we are one of only a handful of organic manufacturers for this age group.
Although our clothes are, and have always been, organic and ethically produced, we think that the clothes should be desirable in their own right too. Comfortable clothing enables children to do what they do best - explore, learn and develop their imagination. Ill fitting and uncomfortable clothing actually inhibits learning and development.
Movement is the basis for learning...
Our yoga based multi-sensory movement classes were the inspiration behind the comfy clothing and there are now teachers throughout the Uk and Europe.
On a day to day basis, our aim is to enable anyone connected with children the chance to enjoy their unlimited imagination within their surroundings.
We now have:
- Organic and Bamboo clothing
- Fair trade toys and accessories
- Teacher training and classes
- A Music CD to accompany the stories and classes
- An Educational resource kit for schools
- Teaching materials and tools
|Company policy and approach||UNLtd Social Enterprise award|
|Class content||"What's on for little ones" |
Bronze in the National Awards 2-5 years
|Training||CACHE accreditation |
(Council for awards in childcare and Education)
|Individual product award||Kisses and Cream|
(Runner up in best new organic non food - Natural Products Europe)
It's good for the environment.
Cotton farming is one of agriculture's most environmentally destructive activities. Making our t-shirts from 100% organic cotton means that one third of a pound of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides is saved for each garment produced - that's about a teacup!
It's good for your child.
Organic products contain fewer chemicals and are far less toxic than many
It benefits growers.
Farmers growing cotton organically are able to reduce their overheads and the likelihood of getting into debt.
- Designed with active kids in mind, our clothes are versatile and easy to wear
- Our cotton is SKAL certified, and the bamboo has an ecotex certificate
- Dyes are enzyme free
- Fabrics are ethically sourced
- We visit our factories
- We road test our clothes on our children
- We put our embroidery on a patch so that the interlining does not irritate the skin, as
- Packaging is recyclable or from recycled materials
- Clothes are designed so that children can dress (and undress!) themselves easily
- Items in the ranges are designed to mix and match
- We specialise in practical everyday kits i.e. Summer survival kit
- Labels are generally on the outside to prevent itching
Click here for links to some companies that we support in the quest for a healthier life and a healthier planet for our children.